Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Blog

Goodbye and good riddance to 2011.

On to 2012! In the month of January alone I have two very exciting things happening (which I will be blogging about) so I hope the rest of 2012 continues to go onwards and upwards. Anyway, 2012 is here, and with it, my blog (previously called Tldasha's Thinkpad) got a makeover, and gained some focus. Welcome to Beauty Cuisine. I came up with the name and...concept? Can I call a blog topic a concept? It sounds douchey. Whatever. Basically, I love food and very recently have begun to I love makeup. I enjoy talking about both. There you have it.

A few days ago, I was in Paris and I got my first ever lipstick. I don't wear lipstick because I think a) my lips look dodgy with lipstick on, b) I can't pull it off, c) refer to reason a).  However, my mum convinced me that at 22 I need to be wearing and embracing lipstick, so she kindly bought me a Chanel Coco Rouge.

I DIE. I don't own Chanel nuthin! And now, I do. The three other things I also bought from Sephora i'll show below...my make up collection is steadily growing; i've come a long way these past four months.

Now, I haven't had a chance to use the highlighter, blush or the lipstick, but i've swatched all of them and i'm pretty impressed so far. I mainly got the highlighter because I didn't have one, and I was too nervous to buy Benefit's High Beam. I don't think I'd know how to use that correctly, so I thought i'd give this one a try and see how it goes. I've used the setting mist, and I wasn't that happy with the products application - it comes out it in quite thick sprays which is definitely not how I thought it would considering it's branded as a mist. I've only used it once though so again, i'll use that for a few more times. The blush is quite pale on my skin and gives it a bright warmth which I like, and the Coco Rouge.. well I haven't used that yet either (!)

I've got a few more blogs in the pipeline that need to be written and uploaded before the big move (eek) and the new job start (!!) but I wanted to get this published to get this blog off its hind legs!


xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...