Sunday, February 19, 2012

Skincare Routine

I really need a better camera. 
I'm pretty happy with the skincare routine that I've fallen into. I use a mix of drugstore and luxury products (like most people) and my face seems to enjoy it so I can't complain.

I've been blessed with pretty problem-free skin - I have normal/combination skin, relatively fine everywhere except for an oily T-zone and sometimes my cheeks get dry. Over the past couple of months I've made a real effort to make sure I at least clease, tone and moisturize every morning and evening and this has definitely made a huge difference to my skin :)

*additional products that I don't use every day.

Products I Use
1. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair - I had to have at least one Estée Lauder product, and of course it's one of their most popular. A thick serum/cream, the Advances Night Repair has made a noticeable difference to the bags under my eyes and this tiny 10ml sample has lasted me since December... eek I don't want it to run out as it is pretty pricey. £££

2*. Me Me Me Seventh Heaven Moisturing Face Base - I don't use this product every single day. I tend to use this if I'm going out after work and I want my make up to last (plus this). It's basically a moisturizer + primer in one, so you don't have to put so many products on your face before applying make-up. I received this in a Glossy Box so it's another sample size, but it's lasted me a good two months with occasional use, at least once a week. I'm definitely going to repurchase. ££

3. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Intensive Daily Moisturizer - I use this and my other moisturizer pretty religiously. I find I need a really hydrating moisturizer in the mornings otherwise my skin looks dull, and this definitely does the job.  ££
4*. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - This product also has a cult following, it's a daily face scrub that begins dry as a powder, but when you wet your hands and then pour some of the product out it turns into sort of a foamy paste. It's absolutely brilliant as an exfoliant too, whenever I use it makes my pores tiny and leaves my skin glowing. Ideal! £££
5. Garnier Fresh Essentials Day Cream - I probably use this moisturizer the most. It's cheap and cheerful, and does the job. A gel-cream that hydrates my skin, leaving a great base for make-up application. £
6*. Garnier Fresh Essentials Eye Make-up Remover - I actually don't like this product at all, but it's the only eye make-up remover I have which is why I've almost finished it. It sort of does the job, but you need to use a lot of it in order for it to work. I'm gonna need to find a new remover, as I won't be repurchasing this. £
7. Olay Gentle Cleansers Refreshing Face Wash - This was one impulse buy I'm extremely happy with. I picked this up in Tesco's for around £2 and it does exactly what it says on the tin. I use this twice daily as my cleanser and I find it works well for my skin. It's a foamy wash so I can really feel it cleansing my pores and removing dirt and make-up. Definite repurchase. £
8*. Soap & Glory Dr. Spot - "Invisible Spot Fighting Gel" I read about this on a blog as a great product for spot removal...and it is. Whenever I have a breakout I literally slather this all over the bugger before bed, sleep for a bit, and wake up to find it's gone (usually). It's so good, and seriously concentrated so you only need the tiniest dot. Another bonus: it's only 15ml and I've had it since June, with tons left. £
9. Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic - Although the legendary Cleanse & Polish is not for me, the product that does agree with my skin is Liz Earle's tonic. It refreshes my skin after I've cleansed it, leaving a dewy finish that I will probably embrace once summer hits. ££
10*. Olay Gentle Cleansers Conditioning Milk - I use this when my face is feeling a bit dry and rough; when I want to restore its 'plumpness'. It's a mild cleanser, but it impressively removes waterproof makeup too. £
11*. Witch Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash - I also picked this up at Tesco's for £2, and it was another impulse buy. I'd never used a Witch product before, but if they're all like this then I'm going to have to try more, as this is a pretty powerful daily exfoliant. You can really smell and feel the witch hazel extract, as well as the micro-granules. It is pretty strong, and I only do a deep facial exfoliation once a week so I either use this or the Daily Skin Microfoliant. £
12*. Tesco Baby Wipes - I had to include this as there are definitely times (more than I would like to admit) that I remove my make-up with baby wipes. I find that these work better than the drugstore ones. They're also the same price for a lot more. £


Phew. That was a long post. I've nearly used up quite a few of these items, and I am aware that spring is just around the corner so I'm going to be experimenting with some different skincare products in the next few months... I wonder what I'll use for my spring skincare routine.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...