Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Manicure Maintenance

I have become a nude nail polish girl. I always used to have bold colours on my nails but ever since my friend let me try the infamous 'Ballet Slippers' by Essie I haven't looked back. Granted this was only about 10 days ago, but still... 10 days is a long time in nail speak.

Have a peak at the below to see what I use to keep my nude nails looking fresh:

  • Liz Earle Superbalm £15: This multi-use skin salve is made from pure plant oils, natural waxes and Shea butter. Natural ingredients include rosehip oil, vitamin E and neroli oil, the combination of which makes the salve lock in moisture and it has restorative properties. I put this on my nails about an hour after I've painted them, and it literally drenches them in moisture (in a good way) and makes my nails + nail bed very happy. Bonus: you can also use it on your lips, hands, feet and heels. Liz wasn't kidding when she named it a Superbalm. 
  • Elizabeth Arden "Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturising Hand Treatment £25: " I am so happy with Ms Arden's brand extension into hand cream. I pop this on my hands once my nails are fully dry, and re-use throughout the day after washing hands etc. It keeps my digits and palm soft.
  • Seche Vite £9.95: This cult product is probably the best top coat I've tried. There are many others that also do a good a job (Jessica, Barry M, Essie, Sally Hansen) but Seche Vite leaves your nails brilliantly glossy and chip-free for days.
  • Cuticle pushers £varies: I'm not a fan of cutting my cuticles. If done incorrectly, it can seriously damage your nail bed and leave you with sore, puffy nails. Not ideal. Instead, I use some cuticle remover and a cuticle pusher to push them back. The cuticle remover softens the cuticles, and then you can use a pusher to push them back and remove them safely before painting.
  • Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil £9: This product smells divine; it's such a treat to use. I simply pop a drop or two on each nail and massage in. Simples!
Although none of these products are that cheap, the great thing about them is their longevity. The only product I've had to re-purchase is a top coat, and that's after about three months. Basically, these products are an investment. You owe it to your nails.

What products do you use for your manicure maintenance? 

5 comments:

  1. haha! I am also a nude nail polish junkie!
    love it!
    your blog is awesome! have a great rest of your day!
    ~Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something just so satisfying about a perfect nude manicure :). Thanks for commenting Morgan x

      Delete
  2. Hey,
    I found your blog because you follow Ashley’s blog (Ring my bell) and I thought I would check out a few other Bloggers that follow her. She has great style and I really like your as well. You have a awesome blog and this post . . . is great! It would be cool if we could follow each other!
    If you have facebook, I would be so grateful if you could like my page: http://www.facebook.com/newyorkdoll
    Aimee: http://www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good way to find other bloggers! I'd never even thought of looking at blog followers but I'm going to start doing that now. Thanks for your kudos Aimee, I'm going to have a look at your blog on my lunch break xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...