Sunday, August 19, 2012

Red Hot

I've recently started wearing lipstick. And not just any lipstick mind you - red lipstick. Finding a lip colour that suits my skin tone was incredibly hard, and I wasn't sure if lipstick suited me. But, I think it's incredibly fierce and I desperately wanted to get involved in the lipstick club. So I did.

Wearing a brazen lip colour like red took me a while to get used to (and get over being self conscious about it), but I figured if I can feel comfortable wearing a bright red then that's half the battle.

My favourite (and only) reds at the moment are: Mac's infamous Russian Red, and a 17's 'Rich'.


'Rich' is a part of 17's Supreme Shine range, and is a gorgeously smooth, deep, rich reddy-brown. Russian Red is part of MAC's original lipstick formula, and is bright red with hints of pink; it applies with more of a crayon type texture/feel, whereas Rich applies smoothly, like a gloss. I've been wearing both on top of Rimmel London's Red Diva lip liner, to smooth and even out the tone.

I really enjoy wearing lipstick, and I tend to when I feel like my outfit needs a bit of pizazz. I always pair red lips with a neutral "no makeup" look. Check out some hilarious ridiculously posed pictures of myself with red lips for laughs :)

Rich 
Rich
Russian Red & Red Diva 
Red Diva & Rich

Are there any other red lipsticks out there that I should be coveting? x

2 comments:

  1. I love the red lip look on you! Suits you well.
    You definitely have to try Ruby Woo by MAC, if you don't already have it.
    I'm doing a giveaway on my blog, I'd love if you checked it out! :)
    Tolu from Fashinate Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will check out your blog :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...