Saturday, August 4, 2012

Small & Powerful: Elizabeth Arden & Estée Lauder Samples


Clockwise, from top left: Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Estée Lauder Idealist, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsules, and  Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

Without realising, Elizabeth Arden & Estée Lauder have become my go-to brands for luxury skincare. Both brands have a wide-range of products available depending on your skincare concern, whether that be anti-aging, prevention or lifting/firming, Elizabeth Arden & Estée Lauder have got it covered. Now, I'm not sure if the products I have swiped (from my mum's endless skincare collection, I might add) are actually sold in store, or if they're only given as 'extras' when you spend an inordinate amount, but either way they are the perfect size for travelling. They're so small, they all fit in my hand. Which is why my mum won't miss them ;).

I've probably said this before, but my mum trained and studied as an aesthetician for several years before opening up her own spa. When I asked her why these types of skincare products are essential for any woman's collection, she said "skincare ageing begins from age 18, so incorporate products into your routine as a preventative measure, especially serums, and use them when they'll be the most effective - at nighttime. During the evening, your skin rejuvenates and rebuilds itself, and your skin isn't being exposed to any pollution because you're at home."The night before, I used Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsules (buy them here), and I can only describe the experience as lush. It's the most opulent product; it feels like liquid gold on my skin, the latter absorbing it completely in about 10 seconds flat.

I've used Advanced Night Repair before, although I'm using it prematurely (nothing wrong with taking extra care I say). I'm going to be completely honest and say that I can't really see a difference when I use this, probably because my skin is too young for it. I think it's probably a product I'll use when I'm closer to 30 than 20...a terrifying thought.

My favourite product of the four has got to be Estée Lauder's Idealist (available here). It genuinely brightens my skin and leaves it feeling soft and supple - a total winner in my books, but at £40 a pop it's not cheap! Although it's definitely something I'd put on a birthday/Christmas wish list.

I haven't tried the Lash Extending Treatment Mascara, but I plan to give it a try tomorrow...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...