Monday, September 10, 2012

5 Days To A 5K

I signed up to do a 5K run last week for SLWT a charity that works to promote health, rehabilitation, education and self-sufficiency of disadvantaged children in Sierre Leone. I'm trying to increase by abilities in running and I figured the perfect way to stay on track in terms of training was to have a race/run to train for! I've also managed to rope my housemate Sian into doing it also, so this week we'll be training hard for it as it's this Sunday!

Our training (and eating) will look something like this:


I already run in the morning before work most days, but this week I want to get in a lot of stretching and a few sessions of lower body strength training to prepare my legs for the run. I plan to fully push myself on Sunday because I really want to get my 5K time under 30 minutes. On the treadmill I find it easier to hit this goal, but I find running outside much harder. Here's to a week of eating clean and training mean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...